Alan writes – a friend sent me a You-Tube link with some staggering information about technological and global changes including:
· Over 106 million people were registered on ‘My Space’ in September 2006. If this number was compared with national population figures it would rank as the 6th largest population in the world. That would place registered ‘My Space’ users between Japan and Mexico on population stats.
· There are over 3.7 billion searches on google every month…
· The number of texts sent daily exceeds the population of the world
· 3,000 new books are published every day
· 3rd generation fibre optic cable now exists capable of transmitting 10 trillion bits of information a second. That is the equivalent of 1,900 CD’s of information a second.
The clip last six minutes and points to the degree and pace of change in our world. The numbers are staggering. The impact enormous. You can watch it here.